The Rails headed to Waukee on Tuesday, Aug. 27th for their season-opener dual meet. The team started off strong with an impressive medley time of 1:53, winning the event by .5 of a second. From there, the team had strong showings in several events, winning 6 of 12 total. "The best part of this evening was seeing so many girls ahead of where they were last year at this time. It's a testament to how they've made the most of each practice to be prepared to compete," said Coach Weber. Despite the great swims, the Rails came up just a little short against Waukee this year. The final score was Rails: 79, Waukee: 107.
- Medley relay (Marquis, Dooley, Zaugg, Douds) raced to an impressive 1:53 (the best untapered time in school history)
- Anika Snow won the 50 Free in 25 seconds, a second faster than last year.
- She took 2nd in the 100 Free with a 55, which was a second faster than 2018.
- Chloe Pearson won diving with a 215.65
- Chloe Marquis won the 100 Fly in 1:02
- Ava Zaugg was also a 1:02, took 2nd place, and also faster than last year
- Ellie Sizemore swam her 500 Free in 5:38, 4 seconds faster than at last year's meet.
- The Sprint Relay (Snow, Benson, Zaugg, Dooley) took second with a 1:44
- Cat Dooley raced to a 1:11 100 Breaststroke time, winning the race
- Emma Chase swam a 1:17
- Both girls were also faster than this time last year!
- 400 Free Relay (Snow, Marquis, Zaugg, Douds) raced to a 3:45, another untapered best in school history and took 2nd place.