The Carlisle girls track and field team competed in the toughest team field in school history at the Waukee Girls Relays April 13. The squad finished second behind 4A No. 1 Waukee, while finishing well ahead of perennial 3A powers: Boone, ADM and DCG. The night was once again highlighted by a school-record performance by Agatha Beier in the discus with a throw of 120 feet 3 inches. Eighteen of the total 19 events met one of our elite-performance standards. Here are the highlights that met our bronze, silver, or gold standards:
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Agatha Beier (SR) finished 3rd and 14th in the 100 meter dash with season's best times of 12.96 and 13.99. Delaney Schnathorst (FR) finished 5th in the junior varsity division with a personal best time of 13.93.
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Aricka Lambson (JR) finished 2nd and 5th in the 200 meter dash in times of 26.69 (season's best) and 27.51.
- Abby Curtis (JR) finished 4th in the 400 meter dash in a season's best time of 1:04.90.
- Madi Hoekstra (JR) finished 5th in the 800 meter run in a time of 2:33.74.
- Megan Sievers (SO) finished 2nd in the 1500 meter run in a time of 5:11.08.
- Megan Sievers (SO) finished 2nd in the 3000 meter run in a time of 11:40.07.
- Aricka Lambson (JR) and Jocelyn Haack (SO) finished 2nd and 4th in the 100 hurdles in personal best times of 15.52 and 15.88.
- Jocelyn Haack (SO) finished 3rd in the 400 Hurdles with a personal best time of 1:09.54.
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Adelynn Ahartz (SO) finished 1st and 2nd in the long jump with personal best leaps of 16 feet 5 finches and 16 feet 3.5 inches.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SO) finished 5th in the High Jump with a leap of 4 feet 7.5 inches.
- Brooke Kruse (JR) finished 4th in the Shot Put with a throw of 33 feet 7.75 inches.
- Agatha Beier (SR) finished 1st in the Discus with a school record throw of 120 feet 3 inches.
- 4x100 Meter Relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Marissa Reed (SR), Agatha Beier (SR), and Paige Mercer (JR) finished 6th in a time of 53.41.
- 4x200 Meter Relay team of Agatha Beier (SR), Marissa Reed (SR), Rylee Richards (SR), and Paige Mercer finished 3rd in a time of 1:54.91.
- 4x400 Meter Relay team of Madi Hoekstra (JR), Taylor DuBois (SR), Jocelyn Haack (SO), and Aricka Lambson (JR) finished 2nd place in a season's best time of 4:13.34.
- Sprint Medley Relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Marissa Reed (SR), Paige Mercer (SO), and Madi Hoekstra (JR) finished 7th in a time of 2:00.94.
- Distance Medley Relay team of Natalea Statler (FR), Kirstin Viers (JR), Meredith Hoffman (FR), and Megan Sievers (SO) finish 23rd in a time of 4:46.12.
- Shuttle Hurdle Relay team of Bailey Kurimski (SR), Cam Mesecher (SO), Jocelyn Haack (SO), and Aricka Lambson (JR) finish 3rd in a time of 1:09.61.
1. Waukee - 223
2. Carlisle - 142.5
3. Norwalk - 84
4. ADM - 67
5. Boone - 64
6. Waterloo West - 62
7. DC-G - 57
8. Johnston - 11.5
- DuBois - 12.96 (3rd)
- Beier - 13.99 (14th)
- DuBois - 26.69 (2nd)
- Lambson - 27.51 (5th)
- Curtis - 1:04.90 (4th)
- Ma. Hoekstra - 2:33.74 (5th)
- Sievers - 5:11.08 (2nd)
- Mo. Hoekstra - 5:59.92 (8th)
- Sievers - 11:40.07 (2nd)
- Lambson - 15.52 (2nd)
- Haack - 15.88 (4th)
- Haack - 1:09.54 (3rd)
- Mesecher - 1:16.68 (8th)
- Kurimski, Mesecher, Haack, Lambson - 1:09.61 (3rd)
- Richards, Reed, Beier, Mercer - 53.41 (6th)
- Beier, Reed, Richards, Mercer - 1:54.91 (3rd)
- Ma. Hoekstra, DuBois, Haack, Lambson - 4:13.34 (2nd)
- Laughlin, Mumm, T. Viers, Mo. Hoekstra - 11:40.47 (5th)
Sprint Medley Relay
- Richards, Reed, Mercer, Ma. Hoekstra - 2:00.94 (7th)
Distance Medley Relay
- Statler, K. Viers, Hoffman, Sievers - 4:46.12 (3rd)
- Ahartz - 4-07.50 (5th)
- Mesecher - 4-05.50 (8th)
- DuBois - 16-05.00 (1st)
- Ahartz - 16-03.50 (2nd)
- Kruse - 33-07.75 (4th)
- Struve - 26-00.75 (13th)
- Beier - 120-03 (1st)
- Hoffman - 98-04 (6th)