The Carlisle girls track and field team continued its outdoor season at the DCG Fillie Invitational. Despite running a very limited varsity roster to focus on Drake Relays qualifying, the team finished fourth, a mere nine points away from the team-champion DCG. The night was highlighted by a school-record performance in the shuttle hurdle relay. The squad of Delaney Schnathorst, Morgan Lose, Jocelyn Haack and Aricka Lambson took down the 26-year old record by nearly one full second. Here are the remaining highlights that met our bronze, silver or gold standards of performance:
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Natalea Statler (FR) finished 1st and 7th in times of 13.05 and 13.85.
- Megan Sievers (SO) finished 1st in the 1500 meter run in a new personal best time of 4:59.23.
- Jocelyn Haack (SO) finished 1st in the 100 hurdles in a time of 16.14.
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Adelynn Ahartz (SO) finished 3rd and 4th in the long jump with leaps of 16 feet and 15 feet 10 inches.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SO) finished 7th in the High Jump with a leap of 4 feet 8 inches.
- Brooke Kruse (JR) finished 2nd in the Shot Put with a throw of 35 feet 2.50 inches.
- 4x100 Meter Relay team of Natalea Statler (FR), Marissa Reed (SR), Rylee Richards (SR), and Paige Mercer (JR) finished 3rd in a time of 53.52. The JV squad of Delaney Schnathorst, Meredith Hoffman, Kennedy Preston, and Kirstin Viers won the JV division in a time of 55.37.
- 4x200 Meter Relay team of Adeline Ahartz (SO), Marissa Reed (SR), Aricka Lambson (JR), and Taylor DuBois (SR) finished 1st in a season's best time of 1:50.29.
- Sprint Medley Relay team of Natalea Statler (FR), Paige Mercer (SO), Marissa Reed (SR), and Abby Curtis (JR) finished 3rd in a time of 1:58.93.
- Shuttle Hurdle Relay team of Delaney Schnathorst (FR), Morgan Lose (FR), Jocelyn Haack (SO), and Aricka Lambson (JR) finish 1st in a school record time of 1:07.98.
1. DC-Grimes - 110
2. Grinnell - 108
3. Indianola - 108
4. Carlisle - 101
5. Creston - 94.50
6. Norwalk - 88.50
7. Ballard - 49
8. Earlham - 45
9. Saydel - 21
- DuBois - 13.05 (1st)
- Statler - 13.85 (7th)
- K. Viers (jv) - 14.42 (1st)
- Preston (jv) - 14.90 (4th)
- Mercer - 29.31 (6th)
- Richards - 30.47 (13th)
- Mo. Hoekstra - 2:50.43 (15th)
- Sievers - 4:59.23 (1st)
- Haack - 16.14 (1st)
- Kurimski - 19.18 (15th)
- Mesecher (jv) - 18.95 (2nd)
- Curtis - 1:14.27 (3rd)
- Schnathorst, Lose, Haack, Lambson - 1:07.98 (1st)
- Richards, Reed, Beier, Mercer - 53.52 (3rd)
- Schnathorst, Hoffman, Preston, K. Viers (jv) - 55.37 (1st)
- Ahartz, Reed, Lambson, DuBois - 1:50.29 (1st)
- Mesecher, Mo. Hoekstra, T. Viers, Lose - 4:43.98 (6th)
Sprint Medley Relay
- Statler, Mercer, Reed, Curtis - 1:58.93 (3rd)
Distance Medley Relay
- Schnathorst, Hoffman, T. Viers, Mo. Hoekstra - 4:59.69 (8th)
- Ahartz - 4-08.00 (7th)
- Mesecher - NH
- Stanley (jv) - 4-04.00 (2nd)
- Mo. Hoekstra - NH
- DuBois - 16-00.00 (3rd)
- Ahartz - 15-10.00 (4th)
- Kruse - 35-02.50 (2nd)
- Abreo - 28-00.50 (11th)
- Lee - 28-07.00 (2nd)
- Smith - 95-07 (6th)
- Hoffman - 79-06 (14th)
- Nesselroad (jv) - 64-02 (7th)