The girls track and field team continued its outdoor season at the Ankeny Hawkette Invitational April 4. The eight-team invitational is one of the top metro-area meets of the season, with the other seven teams in the field being 4A CIML schools. Despite competing up a class for the second time this season, the Wildcats held their own, finishing fourth overall in the team scoring. The following top-three performances highlighted the scoring for the Wildcats:
- Megan Sievers (SR) finished 2nd in a tight battle in the 3000 meter run in a time of 11:42.65.
- Jocelyn Haack (SR) used a furious last sprint and lean over the final hurdle to nab 2nd place by .02 seconds in a time of 17.17.
- The Sprint Medley Relay team of Tristine Viers (JR), Natalea Statler (JR), Paige Mercer (SR), and Ainsley Erzen (FR) finished 2nd in the 2nd fastest time in school history with a mark of 1:53.76.
- The Shuttle Hurdle Relay squad of Morgan Lose (JR), Tristine Viers (JR), Cam Mesecher (SR), and Jocelyn Haack (SR) ran to a 3rd place finish in 1:11.23.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SR) switched over from long jump to high jump this meet and once again notched a top-2 finish, placing 2nd with a leap of 4 feet 10 inches.
- Meredith Hoffman (JR) unleashed a lifetime best throw in the discus of 107 feet 8 inches to finish in 2nd place in the competition.
Varsity Team Placing
- Southeast Polk – 148
- Ankeny Centennial - 146
- Ankeny - 112
- Carlisle – 64
- Urbandale - 54
- Valley - 49
- Indianola - 13
- Johnston - 3
Full results of all events can be found at: https://www.vbmeets.com/Results/Results.aspx?IDMeet=g20190504041217062c33d11e920db48