The Carlisle girls track and field team finished tied for seventh at the IGHSAU state championship meet held at Drake Stadium May 16-18. This is the highest finish in school history. The Wildcats secured three individual medals and one relay medal, while competing in a total of none events. The following performances highlighted the weekend of state competition:
- Ainsley Erzen (FR) had a spectacular weekend to cap off an all-time great season. Erzen finished as the runner-up in the 800 and 1500 meter runs, as well as anchoring the winning Distance Medley Relay squad to a runner-up finish. Her 400 meter dash race also earned her a medal as she finished in 4th place. She will be named Elite All-State in the 800 meter run for being in the top 4 in all classes combined. The 1500 and Distance Medley performances will be named All-State for their top-2 finishes in Class 3A.
- Tristine Viers (JR), Paige Mercer (SR), Megan Sievers (SR), and Ainsley Erzen (FR) took another 6 seconds off their own school record time in the Distance Medley Relay to finish 2nd. This is the highest finish by a relay squad in school history. The race was incredibly fast for the top 2 teams as even with finishing as runners-up, the time they produced was #23 in the United States for this season. Coming into the season the school record was 4:21. The record now sits at 4:06.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SR) closed out a truly phenomenal 4-year career as Wildcat in the long jump and high jump, finishing in the top 16 in both events. Ahartz will leave with the school record in the long jump and the second best jump in school history in the high jump.
- Megan Sievers (SR) closed out an amazing career by placing 21st in the 3000 meter run and running the 400 leg on the Distance Medley Relay. Sievers qualified all 4 years in the 3000, medaling in 3 of them. She will leave with the school record in that event, as well as being on the 4x400, 4x800, and Distance Medley Relay teams.
- Jocelyn Haack (SR) ended her tremendous career with top-20 finishes in the shuttle hurdle and 100 hurdles. Haack will graduate with school records in the shuttle hurdle, 4x400, and 4x800 meter relays. She is also the 2nd fastest all-time in the 100 meter hurdles.
- Delaney Schnathorst (JR), Morgan Lose (JR), Cam Mesecher (SR), and Jocelyn Haack (SR) closed out another great season with an 11th place finish in the shuttle hurdle relay. Each of these 4 girls is either currently on the school record team, or was at once on the record team. Mesecher will end her career with school records in the shuttle hurdle, 4x400, and 4x800 meter relays.